POST LOCKDOWN 2020, AND BEYOND.....
Like all of us, VEEQ has been asleep since March 2020! But now we plan to celebrate the easing of lockdown in France with a series of new events and activities.....
• We have set up a VEEQ facebook group so that it will be easier for everyone to keep in touch. All 2019 and 2020 VEEQ members should be getting an invitation to join the group very soon, so keep your eyes open!
• As part of this new facebook group initiative, VEEQ will be running a competition for its members. We want to know what you have been doing during lockdown, so please send us your Lockdown Photos (with captions).
You can either email them to email@example.com or post them via the new VEEQ facebook group. Closing date
is 31st August 2020. We will be giving away champagne prizes for the most amusing and/or moving and/or unusual photos in colour or in black and white. So, how did you cope during Lockdown and can you
turn your new experiences into photographs? Did you, for example:
- Create a new vegetable plot
- Start making cakes every day
- Learn to knit or sew
- Start cycling ......
• It’s been a while since VEEQ threw a party for its members, but this September we plan to do just that. Details have yet to be finalised, so, once again, keep your eyes on the new facebook group
• It’s also been a while since VEEQ has been able to run any language courses, but that situation will change in September..... assuming there are people out there who want to learn more French, and/or improve their French. Luci Gardner O’Brien will be running two 8 –week courses in French for VEEQ – one for beginners and one for intermediate students. Luci has lived in France off and on since she was 7 years old and is completely bi-lingual. She has been trained in the CELTA method of language teaching which is very interactive and focuses on having FUN!
VEEQ will be subsidising these courses heavily in 2020, so it’s an opportunity not to be missed by VEEQ members. Luci has also offered two FREE sessions on TUESDAY 18TH AUGUST, so let us know if you are interested in one of these “taster” sessions and/or one of the full courses by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. There are only 6 places available for each course, so don’t delay! BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. If these courses are successful, we may turn out attention to English courses in 2021.
The good news continues, however, because the VEEQ membership fee will remain at 10 euros per person in 2021, and VEEQ is waiving fees completely for 2020. Anyone who became a member in 2020 will automatically have their membership run forward to 2021.
The new 2021 VEEQ membership form can be found on this website.....
CHRIS COLLISTER, VEEQ PRESIDENT,